555th entry

This is my 555th entry. Wow..

I dun know what will happen to me if i ate that. If you spot my msn nick, u probably know what is going on. FOr those who don't know, pls read the following.


Happily with high spirit going out with collegues to this particular hotel buffet in the Singapore well known shopping district. We got hard time to managed to go out as the whole dept.Partly we want to build up out dept relationship n secondly our dept love food.


This is my 1st time to have a oyster feast. My collegues offer to take one for trying since i nvr eat before. She took 4, one for each person. I pick the 2nd smallest. I added tabasco and freshly squeeze lemon on it. Jus i was able to place it into my mouth, my mobile rang. I immediately pick up my mobile and it was my best friend, colleen. She is complaining abt her mobile dunno wat happen n was unable to dial any number beforehand. She is trying her mobile on my number till it works. I was holding tat oyster on my left hand while my right is my mobile. I can't pop it into my mouth since had no more hand to scope the flesh from the shell into my mouth.


SUddenly i notice the oyster is moving. My mind was.. "wahh.. so fresh.. it is still moving". To my horror, something crawl out. It was like a worm. This is my 1st time consuming it and i dunno wat is tat creature on my going to be consume oyster. I start to ask every collegue. Ya, my deduction is right, worm. Immediately all my collegues place all their raw oysters n sashimi untouch. My collegue, Uncle L ask waitress to call manager. We wait for sometime n the manager is not here yet. Uncle L quickly took a snap. Dunno using video or camera. Manager came, saying will deal the matter. Later chef came, saying their oyster is fresh from US and mayb the worm is from the shell. They claim they call the suppiler and Manager still ask wanna us want a new batch of oyster. We refused since it was a horror experience. Who know there is anymore worms in other batchs. SInce then, the manager didnt pop by. Jus tat the waitress kept serving more tissues and pouring more ice water to us.


Honestly, i jus start eating tat oyster as my starting appetiter. Everyone in our table were worrying how clean the food which they already pop in or the food they wan to eat later. Everyone pick this hotel buffet because the oyster. Now no one dare to touch raw sashimi n shell foods.


Later we realise the glass provide for the drink is totally unclean. All glasses either have stains or lipstick mark. I nearly fainted when my collegue came back n told us.


Later i try the dessert n was eating happily. I discover there is a black thing into the longan. My collegue was sharing the dessert with me. All my collegues are shocked.


Not again this time?


Deduction of tat black thing:
One - branch of the longan
Two - BBQ ash (as it was location next to bbq section)
Three - dead black insect.

I dun dare to think. Everyone think either option one or two.

Later we realise as Uncle L bump into his friend at this buffet. THey said the oyster are not fresh. It has stinking odour. Uncle L did show him the snaps he took. Other old couple is complaining oyster are not fresh.

Later we ask for bill. Sent us the full bill without any compensation. The mgr is willing to offer a $50 dining voucher to us. Honestly we already say we will dare not come n eat again even the mgr gave us the voucher. THe mgr refused to give in even we told him abt the glasses n longan.

Oh my.. their services is horrible. Worms in their food n still wanna bill us full?

After a long negotiation, we only offer to get 2 person off the bill. HOwever, it is still expensive. When i got the pics of the worms, i will post online. Rong n min asking me to post on Stomp.

Comments

juzyounme said…
what's that restaurant's name?
Anonymous said…
Yea, Where is this restaurant? Yikes!!! I'm a oyster fanatic leh~* now i WILL take a second look at them before putting them in my mouth~!!maybe a third..
I cant comment on your EGEN, so i'm posting my comments here..

荣儿
Anonymous said…
Do us a favour. Tell us the restaurant name so we can avoid it.

Popular Posts