796th entry

I made many arrangements to have a short holiday trip to Phuket. It was a different experience as I was not a beach person. I do not know how to swim, dive and playing water sport. However, my intial holiday was to go Bangkok for shopping and relax. Due to many happenings in Bangkok, we decide to go Thailand but different city, Phuket. Many friends encouraged me to go at least once as the islands were very magnificent and beautiful. And i went there with dear on 4 Feb.

I went half day city tour on our first day. It was not as scenic as I expected. We were sent to the seafood restaurant for our own lunch. After our lunch, we went to the local warehouse which sell all type of t-shirts. I thought that these places which the tour guide brought us, should be expensive. I realised the clothes which were sold were more cheaper than the street stalls. Then we went to Cashew Factory with a local shop which sell all the local snacks. After which, we went to the a place where there were elephant rides, monkey shows and 4 wheel drive. These were not paid in our package and we merely waited the rest of the tour mates finished their rides. Dear and I sat at the TV, waiting Captain America in Thai language. Last stop was souvenir warehouse. I exit the place without any purchases again.

THe tour guide kept pushing us to buy other tour packages from him. He kept reducing the costs whenever we rejected. He finally gave up on us when I told him I had booked from website before I reached Phuket. I only bought a massage package, 2 hours of Thai massage from Oriental. I had read this place while i was searching for information about Phuket and it had good feedback. The massage was good and we arranged another round with free pickup from our hotel.

Our hotel was not as what i had expected. We went sent to another building because ours were the economy room. Lucky the building was two block away from the lobby and it was 5 minutes walk. Room was pretty disappointing. At least it is clean but there were many mosquitoes.

We went Phi Phi island on the next day. We had a hour of speedboat ride to Phi Phi island. It was quite bumpy and i didn't vomit (because i ate my motion sickness pill!). It was a torture for me at first but I get used to it soon. It was fun and wet ride! We went to the "The bench". It was really beautiful. I can walk on the fine sand with the sea. It was a super sunny day but i did not mind it (because it was really scenic view!).

We went to the monkey island to feed the monkeys. Stand in the water to prevent the monkeys attack us. Fun and close way to see and feed them. =)

We went to two more island. One was our lunch and we had an hour plus to eat and walk around. They offered buffet which was included in the package.

Next, we went to an area for snorkelling. It was not a good experience as i could not swim. I  nearly swept away by the current.. Dear could not see because the mask was not equip with degree. He got a small cut due to the corals. We forget the flippers which we rented. End up i feed the fishes. =)

Next we went to another island. Honestly i forget all the names of the bench. Their names were quite similar... 2 beach chair with a big umbrella cost us 150 baht. We went for a drip in the sea and it was awesome to dip in clear blue sea. The tour guide offered us free flow of soft drinks and fruits. It was like we are very VIP feeling.. However, we still bought a icy bottle of beer. Hot sun + icy beer = awesome

The tour ended. I like the feeling of relaxing at bench, dripping in the clear blue water. I bought a photo of us at the end of the tour.

On the 3rd day and last day, both of us shop at Jungcelyon which was 5 minutes walk. It was a super duper big mall until we were lost for two days. We managed to catch 2 movies (the most expensive seat - sofa seat). It was not a bad experience as the sofa can tilt into semi-lying position. As for shopping, almost everythings were expensive except the supermarket. I bought most of my items from there...

It was quite a relaxing trip. Unlike bangkok, we usually rush here and there to cover most areas. However, we simply stay around our hotel area. An unforgettable experience was the Phi phi island and the crossing of road. There is no traffic light and we had to jay walk in a crowded pack road. It was scary and yet fun experience. There is not much Singaporeans. Most were Caucasians and made me felt that Im in not in Thailand. =P

I shall post some photo once i got them.

Comments

cleffairy said…
I'm glad you had fun and I'm looking forward to your next post.

Popular Posts