794th entry

I went to the Titanic 100 year anniversary exhibition at MBS museum with dear few days ago. I persuaded him to go with me despite the expensive admission tickets after heavy discount (for a local).

The exhibition show many real displays which were found under the 12000 feet below the sea level. It also show how luxury the first class stateroom is. Despite it was 100 years ago, it was totally too luxury in this current years. The plates, the cutlery, the facilities and the menu... It was way too far-stretched.

This exhibition also reveal the name list who were saved and lost. Each person entitled a boarding pass of a REAL person and I checked the name list which realised this person was under the lost list. It mean she had died due to this tragic accident.

I was deeply affected by this tragic. This is one of history that I am interested. I did watched how the crew find the sunken ship and how they came to recover the items. At that exhibition, we paid to watch a documentary which further tell me how they develop their plans and actions.I could see the existing ship current look as they were soon to be eaten up by micro bacteria under the deep sea. 

I also impressed by the famous movie- Titanic. It seemed that most of the facts were correct. I remembered that there were an old couple who do not want to separate and die together when the ship sunk. There were a group of musicians who were playing the music to calm the people who unable to escape from the ship. There was a man who use gun firing to prevent other people to aboard the life boat. These were the REAL characters in the ship. When i was walking through the exhibition, these movie images appeared in my mind.

The only disappointment things that i felt about the exhibition was too pricey. A photo taken at the place could cost $25 to $35. A small millimetre square of coal which was found inside the titanic cost $150 as a souvenir. A replication of the plate cost $39. It seem that this exhibition was meant for riches, not for public.

Comments

Popular Posts