723th entry

Happy Chinese New Year! Hope u will have a blessful new year.

All along for me, the CNY is just two weeks of busy schedule - to visit all relatives' houses and collect red packets. After so many years, it seem to be a norm and i will see them each year without fail.

This year, it is a wake up call for me. For so many years who i visited, i realised something. All of us had grown up and old ppl had aged.

I had never see this point till today.

When i arrived at the lobby of the my uncle's house where we suppose to gather first, I saw my cousin alone. He told me that his senile dementia father had left home early morning and took train to my aunt's house to visit grandma for first day of lunar new year. He forgot that grandma had not been staying at aunt's place for some years. Lucky my aunt informed him and sent him back. And this was not the first case. He was lost for few times until someone spotted him.

Another case was my granduncle who suffered the same illness. He left home this morning and was missing till now. His family had made a police report and hope that he will be fine.

These made me feel emotionally upset. I realised that many had aged, esp my folks. I still joked with folks that i should make a tag for both, just in case that they are missing if such case happened.

I need to be mentally prepared esp the folks had aged. They are no longer healthy and responsive as before. And it is time that i need to take care of them instead other way round.

Also today i learnt to cherish them more..

*****

First day of lunar new year and i forget to bring my oranges out with i left home. What a day of a brand new day... =(

Comments

cleffairy said…
happy CNY, Jeremin.... wish you a year full of harmony this tiger year. =D

Popular Posts