745th entry

Just few hours ago, i had finished my dear's birthday celebration with him. As usual, i will plan a whole day event as no one in his family will celebrate for him. I got a few inspirations from Colleen and Guojie. Colleen is usually the one who listen all my problems and go shopping with me. This year, she didn't but she did accompany me to buy items that i needed for the schedule and give advice abt the schedules. As for Guojie, his word is a golden advice - "surprise him", and i did it. =)

Dear is overall happy with this year planning. I kept it simple and at the same time not cheapo. This year i really used up my max energy to keep the meal valueable and it will not burn my pocket a big hole.

I made a homemade breakfast for him, and congee was his favourite. He love warm breakfast as he always have running nose in the morning. It warm his heart and body. =)

Next, it was adviced by colleen. I decided to bake a bday cake with him together. It was something unusual as we dun not bake at all. I remembered i only bake cookie twice for him to eat. He felt that it was totally fresh and innovative idea. Best part is that my mum's big oven is down twice due to power tripped. We ended up using the 23L oven that mum kept as storage item.

We changed the recipe abit to cakelike. And the cake cooked faster than it stated. Of cos the edge was burnt but i tried to save the cake. I cut it into few pcs and layered it with icecream. Of cos it turned into a big width cake into a small several layers with icecream between. Added a handful of M&Ms choc and a candle as deco. Look small but abit awful. However the taste is not bad with icecream and choc.. Muhaha..

Left all unwashed items at home and left the house for lunch. Due to promotion, i found a 1 for 1 treat. We ordered 2 main course and a float. Since it was his bday, the bday boy entitled a free icecream, consisted of 3 scoops of different flavours. And the total bill cost me less than $20. =)

We shopped around the new openly Daiso and went back for the cake as teabreak. Also it was the present opening session.

Later, we went for pickup his car and drove for dinner. We ate a Jap meal, which was his fav. 2 main course with a sashimi salad and deep fried tofu. The bill was slighter lower than what i had budgeted. =)

He went to purchase on sale shoe which he needed to replace a old worn pair. It looks nice on him and  is quite cheap due to the sale.

Later we went for cinema and he was really surprised that i bought the luxuary Gold Class seat for the movietime. I was treated by him several times and i did not treat him once until today. I felt that he deserved a good movietime as i didnt budget much on this bday celebration.

He told me that each actitvity gave him more surprises and he loved it. I felt glad he love it. At least for now, i felt better after the headache i had for past few weeks in planning and preparation for the card, gifts and schedule.

So now it is time for him to have headache as my bday will be coming in a month time.. =P

Comments

Popular Posts